Monday, April 20, 2009

Homeward Bound Walk 2009










Yesterday, Kevin, Tonya, and I,
along with Piper & Wrigley,
walked a 5K to help fight
homelessness in Bloomington.

Along with about 500 other walkers,
we battled the constant rain and
50 degree temperatures to make it!

Together, everyone who participated
raised almost $30,000 in town alone!
http://homewardboundindiana.org/bloomington

Wrigley and Piper did really well!
Piper made it the whole well and
loved going nose to nose with a giant mastiff!
He loved the big dogs, but was never too distracted!

Wrigley made it about 2.5 miles or so.
He probably could've made it, but he we could tell
his little legs were getting completely worn out.
Luckily, he's only 10 pounds, so I just tucked him
under my arm, like a football, the rest of the way.

Overall, they did great! Much better than expected!









2 comments:

Tonya Humbard said...

I think Wrigley actually walked about 4 times as much as we did. He has to take at least 4 steps to our one small step. The little guy walked 12 miles!

Shane, Amy, Murphy, & Wrigley said...

I did it 2 years ago I think. It was pretty crazy and sad to read all the statistics on the homeless in Bloomington. I'm sure it is even worse given the state of the economy now


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!